The Branch consist of the following section
(a) The Personal Section,
(b) Account Section.
Personal Section : The Personal Section deals with
- Appointment, Release, conduct, discipline and the other general conditions of the Government services.
- Administration of the Assam Ministerial (District Establishment) Service Rules 1967.
- Advertisement and application fees.
- Transfer of Government servants including on deputation.
- General condition of service including fixation of seniority and preparation of the gradation lists.
- Matters relating to Assam Public Services Commission including departmental examination.
- Application for posts elsewhere
- Private employment of Government servants during the level preparatory to retirement and after retirement
- Age of retirement.
- Re-employment after superannuation under the Government.
- General conduct and discipline-Administration of the Assam Service (Conduct) Rules, 1965.
- Assets and liabilities statement.
- Annual confidential report.
- Departmental proceedings and prosecution - Administration of the Assam Service (Discipline and Appeal) Rules, 1965.
- Representation on service matter and redressal in court of law.
- Matters relating to Assam Administrative Tribunal.
- Departmental Training
- Service conditions which are of the nature of concessions to Government Servants including reservations for the Scheduled Castes and the Schedules Tribes and Other backward Classes.
- Advances, provident funds, pension and gratuity and other miscellaneous privileges of Government servants.
- Refund, write-off and misappropriation..
- Appeals and memorandums.
- Association of government Servants.
- Service books.
- Absorption on retrenchment of temporary personnel
- Investiture of Revenue/Bakijai/magisterial Powers
- Matter relating to :
(a) Manual of Executive Rules and other
(b) Handbooks of General Circulars and Supplements.
(c) Fundamental Rules and Subsidiary Rules.
(d) Right to Information Act, 2005
(e) Pretension of Corruption Act, 1988
(f) The Assam Service (Pension) Rules, 1969
(g) Delegation of Financial Power Rules,1960 (as amended up to 1999)
(h) Assam Financial Rules.
(i) Assam Contingency manual
(j) The Employment Exchange (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959
(k) The Employment Exchange (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1960
(l) The Assam Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe (Reservation and Vacancies in Service and Posts) Act, 1970.